Type 2 diabetic. On hcg injections and having back pain. What should I do?

Dr. Ghaly

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Question: hi i joined physician weight loss 2 weeks ago and was happy i lost 8 pounds the first week this week they started me on hcg injections and ive noticed i have bad back pain. i am also a type 2 diabetic which i let them know from the start..should i discontinue this program and try and get a refund, they have me on a strict 1000 calorie a day program
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 2 hours later
Hello
HCG injections has some side effects like pain at site of injection,headache,fatigue however it has not been reported to cause back ache you may want to check with your dr about doing an MRI to rule out herniated disc that may be causing that for you before discontinuing your HCG.
It is better to continue a program without HCG.

I hope you get better soon