Two weeks earlier (30/12/2018) I went for a blood check
Total Bilirubin 1.21
Direct Bilirubin .32
Indirect Bilirubin .89
Alkaline Phosphatase 95.6
Serum Globulin 2.4
I was not having any symptoms? I was worried about elevated Bilirubin level and was only taking comfort food for next 7 days ( curd rice and idly). One week later (7/01/2019) I got it checked and my levels were
Total Bilirubin 1.9
Direct Bilirubin .7
Indirect Bilirubin 1.2
Alkaline Phosphatase 136
Serum Globulin 2.5
Sir, I also went for Ultra Sound of abdomen and nothing abnormal was found. The doctor asked for Peripheral smear, Reticulocyte and LDH. They were all normal.
Sir, after 9 days (16/01/2019) I did my blood check for Bilirubin. The following are the results, Total Bilirubin - 2.1 , Direct - 0.16 . Sir, any problem with persistently high level of Bilirubin? I don't have any symptoms. I am worried, Sir. Currently I am not taking any medication. Kindly let me know if I should start taking any medication.
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
The bilirubin levels are not significantly raised. The indirect component is higher than the direct component. The liver enzymes are within normal limits.
This kind of scenario is seen in a condition called XXXXXXX Syndrome. This is a harmless condition and no active treatment is required.
It will keep fluctuating. For example, the levels may rise if you are dehydrated or if you are fasting. You need not worry about these numbers as they are not going to harm you.
No need to repeat the tests.
No specific diet required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?