Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Two uteri, want to have children. What should I do?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have 2 uterus. I developed this when I was 22.. I have a uterus that developed a tissue membrane wrapped around my original uterus, thus developing into 2 fully functioning uteri. I am 30 years old and want to have children. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.

Usually two uteri are seen in case of uterus didelphys or double uterus which is a congenital anomaly.
According to your description it should be possibly endometriosis in which the endometrial layer grows outside the uterus.
So you may be having additional endometrial layer outside the uterus as part of endometriosis and that is also functioning as original uterus.
If so, you once consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound.
In the scan the possibility and extent of the endometriosis can be noted.
Then depending on that you can go for treatment.
If only limited tissue is there medical treatment may help, if not you can go for laparoscopy which can serve diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
Depending on the extent of the lesion during laparoscopy they can excise or vaporize the tissue.
After completion of the treatment your chances of fertility can improve as your original uterus will be relieved of endometriosis cover.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor