Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Two stent in heart, irregular beats. Pacemaker recommended?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12678 Questions
I got irragular beats. I am 65, 5'.7.5"
I had two stent in my heart. I like to get a face maker
Please reply the cost etc
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

If your heart rate remains irregular even after giving shock treatments then having a pacemaker is the only option left for you.

Regarding the cost of the treatment, it depends on the place and varies from hospital to hospital. The total cost of medicines, duration of stay in the hospital are also variable according to the associated problems and complications. The cost also varies with the type of pacemaker fitted and the procedure undertaken.

The average cost in USA will be around 40,000$ and if it is in India,Thailand,Mexico it will be around 8 to 12,000$

Your treating physician can give you the best estimate of your expenses after a careful assessment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor