Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Two holes forming a tunnel under frenulum on the penis, squeezed hard lump oozing smegma, smelly. Any advice ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10322 Questions
Hi I am 50 years old and have just noticed two holes forming a kind of tunnel under my frenulum on my penis. There was a hard lump of whatI believe to be smegma which I squeesed out yesterday (it was like a grain of long grain rice and smely awful. This morning it is oozing smegma in small quantities and smeels the same. Is this the result of a botched circumsision and can I get this hole sewn up so it doesn't keep filling up with smegma. My wife is obviously very concerned and doesn't want me anywhere near her until it is sorted out, as you can imagine! Any advice please?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that your smegma is getting collected in the groove between foreskin and the glans. Attaching a photograph of the lesion will help me in a better understanding. You can upload the image in the box provided on the right side.
An awful smelling discharge is likely to be due to a local infection.
Cleaning the area thoroughly with soap and water will help in decreasing the amount of discharge.
You may need to have systemic antibiotics after a thorough examination. I encourage you to consult with your primary physician for appropriate antibiotics and further management.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Two holes forming a tunnel under frenulum on the penis, squeezed hard lump oozing smegma, smelly. Any advice ? 3 hours later
I don't think I made myself clear. I have had a circumsision when I was a child so I have no foreskin. I don't know how I can send a photo as there doesn't seem to be a way on this site. There is a small pin prick sixe hole at the base of the glans which comes out about 10mm further down the shaft of the penis. There is no way that just washing with soap and water wil get into the hole to clean it. A pipe cleaner would be more appropriate but I am sure this can't be right. It does not appear to be infected or give me any pain it is just that smagma builds up in this hole with no apparent way of getting it out. If you can tell me how to send a photo I would be happy to. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can upload an image in the box provided on the right hand side of this query box.
Alternatively, you can send an email to the customer care with heading ATTN: DR. Praveen Tayal and send the images as an attachment.
You have provided with a good description and I can understand the problem better now.
I think there is a false passage that has formed below the frenulum in which smegma keeps on collecting. Yes, you can get this false passage closed under the guidance of your Urologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor