Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Twinging abdominal pain, below rib cage, moderate to severe, chronic condition. Causes ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2547 Questions
I have been having pain twinges on the right side of my body below the rib cage they go from moderate to almost putting me on my knees. they have been going on for about a month. I am 5'5 143 pounds
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 33 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The commonest causes for right upper quadrant abdominal pain will be problems involving the gall bladder, liver, pancreas, duodenal ulceration, acidity and renal (kidney) problems.

2. If there is any relation to intake of food, fever, nausea, vomiting, sensations radiating to other areas, you could mention that here. It help in the diagnosis.

3. Investigations such as an Ultrasound, Abdomen X-ray, Barium swallow/ meal, CT Scan Abdomen, blood tests esp. for enzyme levels and endoscopy are the best way of identifying the source of these pains and exclude many rare causes immediately so that appropriate treatment can be started without delay. All these investigations may not be required and are best left to the judgement of your physician.

4. I would encourage you to seek medical attention.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor