Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Tunnel formed on the circumcised penis after bursting a pimple. No STD. What else it could be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have a tunnel or burrow with two open holes that are maybe 3-4 millimeters apart. I believe that this appeared a couple months ago after i had tried to pop a small hard pimple that was on the top of my penis. The location is very close to where you can see I was circumcised when I was a child. After a certain amount of time, this tunnel seems to build rise up or almost fill up some. If I then proceed to squeeze the skin area between these openings a small amount of white, pus-like substance will come out. It has no smell and does not hurt. I know this is a tunnel because I was able to slide a small needle completely through it. I am not sexually active, and I have been tested for STD's. What could this be, and how can I get ti to go away. On the attached picture you can see a slight raise with the two small holes. It is kind of hard to see but if you zoom in you should have an idea. I figured over time it would just close up completely but this has never happened.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Thanks for the image too. The furrow is similar to that seen in malformation certainly a sinuses of urethral fistula.
Fistulography would be important in a making a definitive diagnosis. Consulting a urologist could be of utmost importance.
Thanks and best regards.
Feel free asking further questions if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tunnel formed on the circumcised penis after bursting a pimple. No STD. What else it could be? 4 hours later
This resides on the top of my penis. Could you explain this a little more to me? Are you saying it is a malformation of a sinus or urethral fistula? What is fistulography? Is there any topical cream or ointment I should use? This is not something I was born with. Could it be due to having a small tear that healed differently? Please explain a little more in depth.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
a fistula means an abnormal connection existing between two tube like structures and a sinus means an abnormal condition existing between a tube like structure in the body and an epithelium like the skin. Fistulography means we put a colored XXXXXXX in one area and check to see whether it comes out in the other area to actually prove that these areas are connected.
Treatment cannot be through creams. A proper diagnosis must be made an appropriate treatment instituted. I some rare conditions, surgical treatment might be involved.
Taking an appointment with your urologist is a good idea.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor