• question-icon

Tubular adenoma of the colon. History of thyroid cancer and pre-cancerous changes in breast and cervix. Treatment?

Posted on Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Colon Cancer
Question: Hi,
tubular adenoma of the colon, in a patient with treated thyroid cancer and pre-cancerous changes in breast and cervix; is a 3 year followup colonoscopy standard care?
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes, it is.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
As far as it is colonic adenoma , which is a benign process, only fulgration or colonoscopic removal is needed followed by a periodical check up as any time the adenomatus changes in the colon get converted into malignancy. Keep your dietary habits good by consuming good fibre content and minimum fat and read meat.
Regarding precancerous changes in the breast you have to be specific as regards the site and size of the lesion. If agreed upon by your doctor I I feel it should be excised unless otherwise contraindicated.
For cervix you should go for pap smear examination and verify HPV serology. If necessary you should undergo HPV vaccination as per the advice of your doctor.
Having balanced food with less of fats and adequate hydration and alkalisation of body and moderate daily exercise should give you good health ahead.
Truly,
Dr. J. Ticku
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Jawahar Ticku

Oncologist