Owl Image

Tubes tied and had unprotected sex. Found red lines around eggs. Sign of STD or HIV?

Owl Image
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Question
hi doctor. i had unprotected sex 4 weeks ago i am 28 ,
she said dont worry about the condom because she tied her tubs she cant get pregnent ,now i have like red line around the eggs,i had it before and the doctore said its was kind of bacteria , i have overeact and i am worry alot i cant sleep good because always think about that no symptems else, i will go for std test ,is the result will acure 100% after 4 weeks from exposure, i realy need help doctor , i cant stope worry . thank you
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Red lines around eggs are not the sign of any STD or HIV. Ulcer or discharge of genitals is common symptoms of STD and early HIV manifestations are 'FLU' like presentation. So you need not worry about STD or HIV at present.

Blood test for syphilis will become positive after 4 weeks and HIV PCR test will be highly sensitive after 4 weeks for HIV. So you can go for these tests.

You can consider consulting a specialist in genital disease who can tailor the aforementioned tests. Though I am sure the test will be negative, the results of the test will get rid of your doubts.

Please always practice safe sex strictly in future and be happy...

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dr S.Murugan