Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
i am using chaini khaini for 3 yrs and i really want to quit it but i dont know how, i started using it during my college days ,usually i am a sleepy person so for studying at night during exam time i started using it ,it made me awake .but unfortunatly i am still unable to throw it out ,after spitting chaini after 4 hrs iam tensed to put another chaini , kindly help
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Chaini khaini consists of tobacco. Tobacco is a highly addicting substance and it consist of a number of alkaloids and Nicotine is one of them. Nicotine when taken causes a little improvement in cognitive functions which can be one explanation that some people abuse it to remain awake.
To quit nicotine first thing that is needed is Motivation. As you have mentioned that you want to quit so you entered in first step towards de addiction.
When any individual that is dependent on khaini quits first thing that is experienced is irritation like sensation in mouth followed by restlessness, anxiety, some times insomnia due to absence of nicotine in blood.
To replace deficient Nicotine I would advise you to take Chewing Gums containing Nicotine. These are available with chemists and no prescription is needed for them. Nicorex is commonly available. Stop taking khaini and take Nicorex instead.
Then you can easily taper down the Nicorex by gradual decrease in dose.
After quitting khaini you may have intense craving for it, to avoid craving a lot of medicines are available. Bupropion is one of drug that is commonly used in Nicotine cessation programs. But for this you need to visit a good Psychiatrist. Doses of 75-150 mg per day help to relief anxiety and reduce craving.
Apart from medicines I would advise you to try relaxation methods as Yoga, Meditation, Progressive Relaxation Exercises etc. to keep yourself calm which will increase your confidence.
Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
If you are satisfied with conversation you can rate me.
Thanks, Good Luck
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trying to quit tobacco what should i do for this
- Trying to increase weight what should i do
- Trying to get pregnant what test should be done
- Trying for conception what medications should i take
- Trying to conceive what test should be done
- Trying to quit smoking what should i do for this
- Smoker what should i do to quit smoking
- What should i do to quit smoking
- Trying to quit smoking and drinking what should i do
- Trying to conceive what test and cure should be done
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?