Trying to get pregnant through IVF procedure. What diet should I take to increase number of egg?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: Good afternoon,
I am a 39 years old woman which tries to get pregnant through IVF procedure.
6 years ago, my left tube and overy were removed as it they were damaged by fabrosis . Later on I lost my right side tube due to octopic pregnancy.
Furtunately, I had a succseful IVF procedure with having a baby 3 years ago. Now I wanted to try for another child. However,this time I am not ovolating enough and only had 3 stimulated after 10 days of injections.
I was wondering what type of the diet would help the fertility stimulation and increase the number of eggs ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

Thanks for your query. I read your problem and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The decrease in number of eggs upon stimulation as well as decreased fertility chances are related to your age.

2) I am afraid, there is no role of specific diet in improving egg quality or the quantity. I understand you might heard many rumors or read in internet about fertility enhancing diet, but unfortunately it does not help.

3) Just have low fat diet which keeps your weight under control as obesity decreases chance of fertility.

4) Since your age is increasing, I suggest go through the IVF as early as possible for maximizung chances of pregnancy.

I hope I answered your queries. Feel free to ask if you have any more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist