Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Trying to get pregnant. Scanty blood flow during periods. Done with blood work. Is my report normal?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
We are looking to get pregnant. I have had short lighter periods for the past 3 months. My cycles now last 2-3 days and are more obvious when I wipe. My blood work was done on the last day of my last period and were:
LH: 4.2
FSH: 7.5
TSH: 1.58
Do these look normal?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Levels almost normal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
The normal levels of hormones can differ from lab to lab.
But if we consider the general reference values, your profile is normal.
Scanty blood flow during periods is called hypomenorrhea. The possible causes for it in your case are :
- Anemia, decreased hemoglobin levels.
- Low body fat, excessive exercises, change in dietary habits can lead to this.
-Uterine problems like presence of adhesions etc.
So with your doctor's advice, you once go for ultrasound and hemoglobin level estimation.
If everything is normal, taking nutritional supplements can help in increasing the flow.
Then you can track the ovulation and can plan intercourse around that period.
This will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor