Trying to conceive. What test should be done?

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi,

Me and my wife(both working and 30 years of age. Married for 2 years) have been trying for a child for the last 6 months but have not found any luck so far. Some websites suggest to get the tests done after a year of trying. However, I want to be on a safer side and get the tests done right away. Can you please suggest what tests should we get done?

Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 4 hours later
hello
thank you for writing in to HCM

it will be suggested that both of you undergo some basic investigations such as:

Male partner - routine blood tests, semen analysis and special tests if needed after you have seen a consultant

Female partner - routine blood tests, hormone profile, ultrasound pelvis, and Fallopian tube testing

hope to have answered your query

Dr Nandita Thakkar