Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. What test should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 218 Questions

Me and my wife(both working and 30 years of age. Married for 2 years) have been trying for a child for the last 6 months but have not found any luck so far. Some websites suggest to get the tests done after a year of trying. However, I want to be on a safer side and get the tests done right away. Can you please suggest what tests should we get done?

Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 4 hours later
thank you for writing in to HCM

it will be suggested that both of you undergo some basic investigations such as:

Male partner - routine blood tests, semen analysis and special tests if needed after you have seen a consultant

Female partner - routine blood tests, hormone profile, ultrasound pelvis, and Fallopian tube testing

hope to have answered your query

Dr Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor