Trying to conceive. Missing period, feeling tired with stomach cramps. HPT negative. What's going on?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: I have just recently went off of Generic Micronor. I was on this Since April 2012, after being on Depo Provera for a few years. My husband and I are now wanting to start trying to have a baby. My last Pill was december8, 2012.The last few days I have not felt the greatest, had about 2 hours of nausea, extremly tired, and stomach cramps. I did a pregnancy test and it was negative. I have not started my periods yet since going off of micronor. What should i expect with starting of periods and conceiving. how long could it take.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 35 minutes later
It will take a few cycles before proper ovulation takes place.Maybe 2-3 months at the least. Your periods will come,dont worry.It may take some time for regular cycles to commence after stopping the pill.I suggest just waiting for spontaneous menses to commence. The symptoms you are having are pre-menstrual syndrome.Once your periods start again,keep a menstrual diary. Then you can calculate your fertile period.Which is usually between day 11 and 21 in a normal 28 day cycle.You should try most during these days. This process is variable and can take upto a few months.
You should try natural conception for at least 6 months. If no result then seek medical attention for further tests.