Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

120 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Trying to conceive. How to get rid of tubal ligation?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Question: I regretfully got a tubal ligation at the age of 26 and now i want to have another child but i am not XXXXXXX what do i do now
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, you did not give your age. I assume that you are in fertile period.

Now, to get rid of ligation, you have to consult with a gynecologist for recanalisation. That means through this procedure, the two ends of ligated fallopian tube will be reattached together to form a near normal fallopian tube. But maintenance of its patency depends of its present condition. Presence of any infection, adhesion will have negative effect. These factors can only be assessed during the operation.

It will provide place for fertilization, if all the other factors are within normal limit. Other factors are like ovulation, hormonal balance, sperm count of your partner, and many more.

So, consult with a gynecologist for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Sterilization

doctor1 MD

My son had a vasectomy right after birth. There is a piece of skin that the dr. said "would eventually pull apart" as my son grew. The skin attachment has not changed. Son now 18. Purely cosmetic but really bothers him. What type of dr/surgeon does this type of surgery?

doctor1 MD

I am 48 in Oct. My tubes are tied, my cycle has been heavy since tubal ligation, I have been nauseous, tender breast, and experienced dizziness, and just took a pregnancy test that came up negative along with std testing all negative. I just came from changing a tampon and a blood clot the size of a walnut came out. whats wrong with me?

doctor1 MD

I'm 30 years old, I am in good health, I had a vasectomy a week ago. Since then my scrotum has been extremely relaxed, or in other words "saggy balls". They have yet to constrict, which has made recovery even more uncomfortable. Is this something to be cocerned about, is this normal?

doctor1 MD

Hi my husband recently had a vasectomy and he was tested 2 months later and tested negative for sperm. I have since stopped using birth control (marvelon ). I have missed a period and am hoping its just due to going off my pill and my body readjusting. Whats your opinion o this ?

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor , This is XXXX, hope you remember me . Today I noticed some swelling in the right side lower lips and also that use there seems to be lots of flaking and skin dryness . I have attached pictures could you please take a look and let me...

doctor1 MD

Is there any complication of hysterotomy for termination of pregnancy.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, This is regarding Chalazion . My wife is having Chalazion in her left eye from past 4 Months and is left untreated due to pregnancy . We have shown it to the doctor and he mentioned that it can be left untreated till the delivery of...