Trying to conceive. How to get rid of tubal ligation?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Question: I regretfully got a tubal ligation at the age of 26 and now i want to have another child but i am not XXXXXXX what do i do now
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, you did not give your age. I assume that you are in fertile period.

Now, to get rid of ligation, you have to consult with a gynecologist for recanalisation. That means through this procedure, the two ends of ligated fallopian tube will be reattached together to form a near normal fallopian tube. But maintenance of its patency depends of its present condition. Presence of any infection, adhesion will have negative effect. These factors can only be assessed during the operation.

It will provide place for fertilization, if all the other factors are within normal limit. Other factors are like ovulation, hormonal balance, sperm count of your partner, and many more.

So, consult with a gynecologist for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.