Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. How can we determine the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
hi Doctor

i got married for an year and we are trying for baby from last 8-9 months, but still my wife is not able to concive.

kindly let us know what can be done and how to judge wether the problem is from my side or my wife side.

Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I shall answer you in simple steps to investigate both of you: 1) You get your semen analysis (sperm test) done from standard laboratory. Only this test is sufficient for you now. If its normal you dont need to worry. 2) Next you get 2 blood tests got your wife : FSH & LH. These need to be done on Day 2 of the menstrial cycle. These assess eggs in ovaries. 3) Get transvaginal ultrasound to assess ANTRAL FOLLICLE COUNT which means to check number & size of eggs. This also to be done on day 2 of cycle. 3) Get a test called hysterosalpingogram ( HSG ). This is a type of X-ray test to check if your wife's fallopian tubes are open or closed. (the egg travels through this tube to reach womb). These tests are enough to diagnose any major problems. Treatment can be adviced if there are any problems. I hope i answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor