Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have pcod. Took duphaston. Follicle size growth is less. Safe to take apcod power?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
I am 25 yrs old,I am trying to conceive .But I am having irregular periods problem.I have doctor gave my XXXXXXX for few days and did a scan and said they got treated 90%.But after taking duphaston also, iam unable to conceive,She sent me for follicular study.She observed that there are multiple small follicles still .and follicle size growth is also very less.

She prescribed me apcod XXXXXXX powder for 2 months as a last trial now, after that asking me to go to fertility centers.

I am worried now.Does APCOD XXXXXXX really works?Are there any chances of geeting pregnant in these two months?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
Apcod powder sachets are multivitamin supplements which help in general good health and well being but do not enhance the fertility or formation of eggs in polycystic ovaries.
Taking these sachets for two months are not likely to make your ovaries ovulate and conceive.
The chances of normal ovulation is less from a polycystic ovary. But after adequate treatment a successful ovulation and normal pregnancies have been seen even in bilateral polycystic ovaries.
Diagnostic tests for PCOD are 2 hr GTT, serum androgen and testosterone levels, LH-FSH ratio, prolactin levels, TSH levels, 17-hydroxyprogesterone levels and 3D ultrasound.

You need to have it further evaluated. You should consult a good gynecologist and then get these investigations done. You can check out the following link to see which gynecologist is close to your place:

WWW.WWWW.WW With a proper treatment, you can conceive normally.
Meanwhile you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have pcod. Took duphaston. Follicle size growth is less. Safe to take apcod power? 5 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor, That answers lots of my questions,

I wonder why she gave me APCOD sachets for ovulation.

Do you suggest or give me a idea , what kind of treatment should I take and where should I go .

Please Note: During follicular study, My follicle size is not showing any proper growth.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
For ovulation, you will need ovulation inducing drugs like Clomiphene after your cycles are regularized.
You should consult a competent gynecologist for proper guidance and a further treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have pcod. Took duphaston. Follicle size growth is less. Safe to take apcod power? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for all your help.

Can you suggest me any such gynecologist who solves my problem.

My question is best answered, Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
To find a good infertility specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor