Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have ovarian cyst. Never had contraceptive pills. What are the complications?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
im trying for a baby since last november but we are married for last 5 years. Till now i didnt conceived though we had quit a regular sex. I have a ovarian cyst detected in 2009 but my doctor did not prescribed any medication for this. Now i assume this could be one of the reason of not conceiving. recently to a Doc visit my doc advised me to take 14 placentrex injection alternate days then a usg later on. Im not sure how this treatement will go im a bit worried, please advice if this is a right treatment. My periods lasts only 2days and very regular i have no other medical problem and i never had contraceptive pills since he never discharged inside till last november.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Placentrex injection is an aqueous extract of 0.1gm of human placenta.

It is being promoted for many diseases including vitiligo.

It is non specific, thus may or may not help you to conceive.

You should consult a Gynecologist, who can examine you and advise you some tests.

Ovulation generally occurs on the 14th day of period during a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days. You can use ovulation prediction kit also to identify date of ovulation.

To increase pregnancy chances, you should have sex on the day of ovulation & for a few days thereafter. Prefer postures which allow deeper penetration. After sex you should rest in the bed itself (for few hours at least) & don't wash.

If you don't conceive, your husband should get his semen tested.

If it is normal, you should get yourself checked.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor