Trying to conceive. Have endometrios problem. Is it safe to have nucoxia, myoril and pantocid?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Question: trying for a baby,My age is 29years and had got a laproscopy done last december.Have endometrios problem.Is it safe for me to have nucoxia,myoril and pantocid like medicine while trying a normal intercourse.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

Nucoxia contains Etoricoxib which is a category X drug in pregnancy according to FDA.
Means studies proved some risk to fetus when used during pregnancy.
So if you are using the tablet just for analgesic purpose you can use tablets like paracetamol which are relatively safer in pregnancy.

Myoril contains thiocolchicoside which is an antispasmodic. It is a category C drug in pregnancy, means animal studies showed some risk to the fetus but human studies are lacking.
So as benefits over-weigh risks here you can use it.

Pantocid is a category B drug means animal studies didn't show any risk but human studies are lacking. So you can use this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.