Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have PCOD. Taking glycomet and folic tablets. Have low haemoglobin level. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
Hello Doctor, My name is XXXXXX. i am getting treatment from a renowned doctor in India. i have PCOD and i am taking glycomet 850. otherthan this, i am taking Ferranine, Mecobal, Serta and Follic tablets. my heamoglobin is 8.3.

i want to conceive as early as possible. i am now 34 years age and i am worried for pregnancy. i want to have my own baby. please suggest, what should i do for this. i want to get rid of this PCOD asap and need baby.

This Glycomet 850 makes me feel low and i feel like puking and sleeping. sometimes it makes me hungry and after i eat food , i feel relaxed.

i hope, this PCOD problem will not increase and i may get conceive. please help.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
A hemoglobin at 8.3 is also suggestive of anaemia for which you are getting a treatment.
Treatment of PCOD includes lifestyle modification in which weight reduction and diet plays an important role.
Metformin drug is widely used for the treatment of PCOD and it helps in glucose metabolism. The feeling low could be related to thyroid hormone imbalance, anaemia or PCOD.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are also given for menstrual irregularities.
Ovulation induction drugs are given for infertility. You can get these prescribed from your gynecologist after your cycles become regular. You have to be patient and go for regular follow up visits to conceive.
Some doctor's prefer laparoscopic ovarian drilling but chances of adhesions are there.
To conclude , PCOD is a very common metabolic disorder these days and is due to western life style and inactivity , can be controlled with proper food , exercise , medical and surgical treatment under doctor's guidance.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have PCOD. Taking glycomet and folic tablets. Have low haemoglobin level. Suggest? 19 minutes later
but, i hope i may get preganant. i have no problems i can wait for another 2 month, but, what shall i do for having a baby.

what should i eat to increase my haemoglobin and what exercise do u recommend?

understand my question , i need baby. i can do anything to have baby. plz let me know and what all i should do in details.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since you have PCOD, you need to confirm by ovulation studies if there is a normal ovulation present. Then consult an infertility specialist for ovulation induction therapy if there is difficulty in ovulation. It needs a comprehensive treatment and takes around 6-10 months.
The following measures will improve your chances of conceiving:
a. Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b. Have a healthy, balanced diet
c. Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free
Most important is exercising to lose weight and becoming fit. If exercise is not done then the hormonal imbalance will still be there. Proper diet consisting of low carbohydrates, low fat diet with plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes. Avoid junk food, pastries, colas.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have PCOD. Taking glycomet and folic tablets. Have low haemoglobin level. Suggest? 12 hours later
hello Doctor,

thank you for all your answers!!

my last question: whenever we do intercourse, my husband doesn't ejaculate. he takes lot of time. i had done google search and found Seman from Himalaya may increase his Sperm Count and ability to ejaculate.

we have done Semen analysis, it is 68kMillion. doctor says it is good and we may have baby with normal intercourse if i ovalute on time and we do this.

but, as you mentioned , we should have between 10-18 days, my husband doesnt cum out so easily. what are the medications you recommend for his fast ejaculation.

also, to mention, he does take forezest and tadora before sex for making me satisfied. he doesnt do this with his own feeling (i think) .

i never discussed this with any doctor. i understand i have PCOS and i may ovalute but, what shall i do when i Ovalute and my husband doesnt cum / ejaculate.

please let me know. hope you have understood my question.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
From your description it seems that your husband has erectile dysfunction.
Erectile functions are affected by multiple factors - both organic and psychological. Urologist is an ideal person who can investigate for organic causes. Your husband may need battery of test - blood test, ultrasound scans, doppler study, neurological assessment, etc to identify the cause.
Do consult a urologist for proper treatment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor