Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Trying for baby. Had semen analysis. Does it indicate me to be fertile?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hello Doctor,

In my semen analysis report, I have pus of about 6-8/HPF and active motility of 20%.
My wife and i are planning for a child, can i be able to make her pregnant?

What medicines do you prescribe for improving my semen health so that my wife can conceive.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Chandan Nandy.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 22 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
Kindly get yourself examined to see if your have varicocele.
If present , you need a minor operative procedure for correction.
Also you need at least one more semen analysis to check if the motility is the same,if not done already.
Medicines are just supportive and can be offered after Physical examination depending on the findings.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor