Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Trying for a baby. Had ectopic pregnancy. Can go for IVF without treating for TB if PCR is positive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
Hi, we got married in 2008 and since then we are trying for baby, in 2010 my wife had ectopic pregnancy and to remove the right tube. now in 2012 when we consulted doctor they are saying her amh is low to 0.14 and he endometric thickness is 6mm for which they have asked us to go for endo biopsy with PCR test , for which the laproscopy is done last week and if this test turns positive she has to undergo treatment for 6months. but in this six months she may stop producing eggs? does she will produce eggs after the 6months treatment? can we go for IVF without treating for TB if PCR is positive? is there any possibility to freeze eggs like freezing sperms right now? please suggest what to do....
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.
If the test for PCR and endometrial biopsy comes positive, then she needs to have treatment for tuberculosis for six months. In such a case, most of the cycles are anovulatory and chances of conception are low.
After the completion of treatment, she will resume producing the healthy eggs after which you can try for conception.
Without the treatment for TB, going for IVF is useless as even after a successful fertilisation, implantation of the embryo in the uterus is difficult with such a thin endometrium. The survival rate of embryo is also decreased.
There is no need to freeze the eggs right now. Just wait for the reports and then discuss your options with your infertility specialist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor