Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Trouble with right leg and may have clipped by a dog. Having cramps. Suggest treatment?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
Im having trouble with my rt. leg. can't tell if maybe blood cloth, leg is not swollen, I believed it was from being clipped by a pyreness dog. Saturday, woke me like a cramp. Do I need to check with ortho doc?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can't be a blood clot

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The typical features of a blood clot (DVT) in leg are
* Diffusely swollen leg
* the leg will be warm to touch
* pain & tenderness to touch
* change in the colour of the skin of the leg into blue, red .

If you don't have the above features, it cannot be DVT (blood clot).

Initially, Do some ice packing of the affected area, Moist heat fomentation to relax the crampy muscles and analgesic medications. If your symptoms are not resolved , then consultation with your treating doctor may be needed.

Hope I have addressed your query. I welcome any more clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trouble with right leg and may have clipped by a dog. Having cramps. Suggest treatment? 15 hours later
I resumed water activity and my right leg improved. Did you response on my own. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about the issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Nice to hear from you.

If you find improvement in the symptomatology then give some more time for the natural process of complete recovery to happen.

Watchful expectancy is all what is needed. If any of your symptoms are concerning, then only you need to visit a doctor.

Wishing you a quick recovery . Good day
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor