Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Treatment options for vertical tear on urethra meatus?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9572 Questions
hi, I have 10 years ago had a small vertical tear on the lower urethra meatus, I've been able to manage getting by but now I think the opening has gotten too large. What is my option, is there a miracle cream or do I need a corrective surgery?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: If no urinary problem it does not need surgery Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had tear of the external urinary meatus 10 years back and have noticed that now it has become wide open I shall be happy if you can post me few more details and post photograph of your penis to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like spraying of urine stream, ? 2) Does it embarrass you as regards cosmetic appearance of glans.? If you do not have any urinary symptoms it can be left like as it is .or if you are embarrassed with appearance of glans, you can consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get it refashioned by surgery. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment options for vertical tear on urethra meatus? 9 hours later
Hello Doctor, I do have problems spraying of the urine, I can't wear tight clothes because of the over sensitivity rubbing against the clothes. I'm worried about sexual intercourse in fear of damaging the urethra opening for good. I would like to know if I can heal and strengthen the urethral opening skin with cream/ointment without further damage? I also have a dull pain on my left testis, could it be related? I have attached a photo.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You do not need any treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for uploading photograph of your penis, It is neither cosmetically or functionally wrong except it is little wider than normal and does not need any treatment. It will not have any negative effect of your sexual potency or will not have any adverse effect while having intercourse. You can use use local anaesthetic cream like Xylocaine jelly to reduce the sensitivity of glans penis. The pain in testicle is not related to this . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment options for vertical tear on urethra meatus? 24 hours later
Hi Doctor, Is it also ok to use antiseptic cream as well as anaesthetic jelly? Can you please also recommend anything that improves healing of the skin or rejuvenate the penile skin around the opening? Thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can use Neosporin ointment . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. You can use topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin .This will help in healing . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor