Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hi Doctor..I am 36 yrs..diabetic for last 6 years...I am very active(run marathons)...lead very healthy lifestyle..I recently go my diabetes check done and my sugar levels in Fasting is 140 and PP is 121..I am on Janument 50/500 (before breakfast) and Trivolib 1 (before lunch and dinner)..I visited a new doc(on moms insistence)...and he asked me to first check how much insulin my body is producing...he suggested me few tests like C-peptide and Insulin levels along with Fasting and PP..also he changed my medication and has changed my medication to Reclimet (80+500)..My BP is normal 130 / 80...Pls suggest your view on the diagnosis?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your HbA1c is deranged its 8 that means your sugar control over 3 months have been inadequate . You have mild dyslipidemia which will be OK if you lose some weight in case you are obese or avoid fatty foods that is by diet control . Rest your test levels are grossly normal . In my opinion the change of your medicines is right and depending on your bodys requirements it may need to be increased . If you want you can get C peptide and insulin levels tested but that wont make much of change in your therapy thus in routine practise we dont test it but its on your treating doctors discretion and getting them done is good . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor