Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Treatment for soreness in lower ribs and upper back?

Feb 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15688 Questions
I am a 65yr. old female. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have had RA for the past 24yrs. For the last year I have been having sorness in my lower right ribs which sometimes radiates to my upper back. I have been told that my lower 2 ribs on right side are resting on the pelvis bone. However one minute they are this and the time they are not really sure. Is it possible that an MRI would show what is going on. Always feeling tired and no ambitions but the doctors keep saying well you are on a lot of medication and plus I suffer from depression. Now I wonder why...... I have depression maybe because no one can actually tell me what is wrong. I also have to start taking bee venom shots. I have heard that the venom shots may help in some relief. Do you think this is possible. My Rheumatoligst just laughs at me.. But still would you recommend and MRI
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, MRI would help diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Gone through the history. You have nicely described the pain site ( right lower ribs) and radiation to the to upper back. It is possible an MRI of the spine and the local area of pain may give a diagnosis of the cause of pain in the back/ spine/ articular joints of vertebrae. 24 years of RA can be a reason for depression and it is good that you know you have it. Venom shots can help by modulation of the immunity as per a hypothesis. Wish you good health. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor