Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Treatment for soft tissue injury in the groin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10437 Questions
My horse decided to lunge away from a horse new to the stables and I experienced a USD as I like to call them (Unscheduled Dismount), I ended up right arm extended beside my ear on firm, packed, recently rained upon, sand. I have had IT band issues for over 25 years. But the pain is in my hip/groin area. There was minor bruising. I have been attempting to "self diagnose" if it is possible to tear the IT band where it attaches to the hip/pelvis. Injury occurred 4 weeks ago. Pain is focused on that normal trigger point of pain when I am stretching IT band by sticking right hip out. What do ya'll think? I figured I would add more to my description. Basically, I landed on my right side totally laid out in a straight line from fingertips to ankle. Kind of like a traumatic IT stretch which is why I figure there may be trauma or a tear to the IT attachment in the hip area. Oh yeah, skin slightly numb is area but that is getting better.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be IT tear. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The symptoms that you have described are likely to be due to a soft tissue injury in the area. Some tear of IT band fibers is possible. This needs a proper rest for full recovery. mild numbness in the area is the part of the injury and will improve with time. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one. 1. Do a war compress on the area of injury. 2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot. 3. Keep the leg elevated on two pillows while resting. 4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor