Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Treatment for severe body ache specially in the lower limbs?

Answered by
Dr. Arnab Maji


Practicing since :2009

Answered : 660 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i am having severe body pain especially lower limbs in nights for the past one week. more myalgia for the past days. platlet .1.65 lakks on 19th january. today it is 1.90 lakhs with giant platlets what shall i do
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.
You have severe bodyache specially in the lower limbs. But you didn't mention the following details of the pain like -
1. where the pain started and where is it radiated?
2. Is there any definite pain or just a vague aching sensation?
3. Pain aggravating factor and relieving factor
If pain is during night time with profound myalgia then possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome is there. You are know asthmatic. If you used steroid in the management of asthma then this pain may be due to chronic steroid use also.
I advise you to consult a rheumatologist and get yourself locally examined in details.
I think my advice will be of help to you.
If you have further queries you can write back to me.
Wishing you quick recovery.
Dr Arnab Maji
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Chronic steroid use

doctor1 MD

I have severe asthma and copd . I use a duolin inhaler which lasts me about one week. My condition was not caused by smoking but by a severe hiatal hernia at age 25 yrs am now 4 months from 75. I have insulin dependent diabetes and have to go on...

doctor1 MD

hi, i have a puss boil on the cheeks of my buttocks. this is happening for the fourth time in the last 10 months. i experience throbbing pain when it occurs and it usually takes a week for the boil to burst. i have consulted general physicians and they said that it was due to some kind of internal infections. i would like to know your view about the same, any treatment procedures, methods to avoid its occurrence or any other suggestions.

thank you.

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr, My mother completed her 7-3 chemo program for an AML type of leukemia , she was also prior on meds for bipolar disorder . She has developed severe psychosis , and was taken home from hospital by my elder brother on Friday...she fell off the bed first day home...and has been transferred to a nursing home. My mom is extremely agitated, is not eating well, and calls out for dead relatives. Her last biopsy test showed white blood cells are normal, and all her medical vitals are normal - but she appears to be mentally very this a normal side effect of chemo? Will this be corrected with time?

doctor1 MD

get pain at center of chest when sit or more than 10 minutes or lay on my back. Gets to the point I cannot move. Usually takes time to move and work thru the pain and lean forward until it goes away or my daughter helps me to get up. No shortness...