Treatment for severe body ache specially in the lower limbs?

Dr. Arnab Maji

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i am having severe body pain especially lower limbs in nights for the past one week. more myalgia for the past days. platlet .1.65 lakks on 19th january. today it is 1.90 lakhs with giant platlets what shall i do
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 4 hours later
Hi
You have severe bodyache specially in the lower limbs. But you didn't mention the following details of the pain like -
1. where the pain started and where is it radiated?
2. Is there any definite pain or just a vague aching sensation?
3. Pain aggravating factor and relieving factor
If pain is during night time with profound myalgia then possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome is there. You are know asthmatic. If you used steroid in the management of asthma then this pain may be due to chronic steroid use also.
I advise you to consult a rheumatologist and get yourself locally examined in details.
I think my advice will be of help to you.
If you have further queries you can write back to me.
Wishing you quick recovery.
Dr Arnab Maji