Treatment for ring worm infection

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 44 male. Can you please let me know is this wound. Its itches in time and with time the area gets widen.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 days later
Brief Answer: Looks like Fungal infection (ring worm). Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW and thank you for posting your question. I have seen the photograph of the lesion which you have attached, and it clearly looks like ring worm infection (A type of fungal infection). You would benefit from applying a plain antifungal cream such as meconazole or ketoconazole, twice a day for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks duration. You might need a prescription to obtain this medicine, so do please consult your dermatologist for the same. Hope this answers your query, please do let me know if you need any clarifications. Kind regards.