Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Treatment for ring worm infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 679 Questions
44 male. Can you please let me know is this wound. Its itches in time and with time the area gets widen.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 days later
Brief Answer: Looks like Fungal infection (ring worm). Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW and thank you for posting your question. I have seen the photograph of the lesion which you have attached, and it clearly looks like ring worm infection (A type of fungal infection). You would benefit from applying a plain antifungal cream such as meconazole or ketoconazole, twice a day for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks duration. You might need a prescription to obtain this medicine, so do please consult your dermatologist for the same. Hope this answers your query, please do let me know if you need any clarifications. Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor