Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Treatment for post traumatic disorder?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 634 Questions
how do I deal with post traumatic disorder ? I am very stressed and have suicidal thoughts.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi, there are good medications for it.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Fortunately, there are very good methods of treatment for SSRI can help for many symptoms and doctors give it after the first assessment. However, many people who have post traumatic stress disorder may have sleep problems. Doctors may give a medication from the class of alpha 2 blockers to treat those problems especially if the person has nightmares. Or the doctor may give a medication from the class of benzodiazepines for sleep which can help to control the anxiety during the day as well. I wish you the best health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor