Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pelvic pain, low sex drive, difficulty maintaining erection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hello, Over the last year, I have had pains and aches in my pelvis. They have become worse and some of the symptoms are making my life miserable. I have no energy, no sex drive, low mood, difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection, aches and tension in my glutes, lower back and legs. It has been two months since I have been able to achieve an erection that could be used for sex. I also have not been having morning erections, random erections and the problem is the same whether I am solo or with my partner. About a year ago, I was having similar issues and was put on antibiotics. This helped to some extent, at least bringing back my erection quality and sex drive and alleviated aches to some degree. I had a digital rectal exam performed and slight sweeling was found in my prostate. I was tested for STDs and had an ultrasound done. Neither suggested any problems. I recently had a period of great anxiety and a battled a flu bug. This made the pains worse and surely had an effect in my interest in sex. This has since subsided, but the other symptoms above have still stayed and become more prevalent. I have been tested for vitamin levels, thyroid, and nothing came back as alarming. My therapist no longer feels like anxiety is playing a role either. I am seeing a urologist in a few weeks but the symptoms are become almost too much to manage day to day. Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well sir you have been investigated for most of the things so I believe your doctor is treating you the right way . One thing I would like to add is pelvis pain in young male may be an initial symptom of Sacroillitis which is found in diseases like Ankylosing Spondylitis . So it also needs to be investigated that way , you need to discuss it with your treating doctor if he thinks he can investigate you on that line also . You should follow your doctors advise as he remains the best judge because only examination can determine as to what structure is giving rise to pain. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor