Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Treatment for panic attacks

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 641 Questions
i would like to have xanax barsi have severe anxity i have so many things that make me nevous
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prescription only Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I understand that you suffer from Panic attacks and feeling nervous. Xanax Bars contain Alprazolam and can only induce sleep and reduce your anxiety. Patients with Panic Attacks require counselling from Psychiatrist. Sometimes attacks reduces only by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT). And after accessing your condition, your doctor may prescribe you medicines like SSRIs( selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). Usually medicines for this conditions are 'Prescription Only' and can only be provided when your local doctor prescribe them. I suggest you to consult a local Psychiatrist for CBT and medicines. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor