Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pain in hand after prior accident?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Dear doctor, last two days I am not able to move my left hand properly as you know these day we have not so much time to go to doctor for consult but I have so much pain in left hand and before 15 days bach I had an accident and I have little bit injury in right hand , please help me out so that I can work properly.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: x-ray may be required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Did you get hurt on your left hand as well due to the accident 15 days ago? If yes, then your left hand needs an x-ray to be done to rule out hairline crack or fracture, if any. In the meantime, you should immobilize your left hand so that complete rest is given to it. You can use a wrist support for this or even a splint. Applying crepe bandage helps too. Also, take tablet dolo 650mg thrice daily after food for 2 days. You will feel better. Give rest to your left hand as much as possible. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for pain in hand after prior accident? 6 minutes later
Dear doctor, This time i can take rest as you know this is peak time for business and i am traveling a lot daily i have to travel 150 km/day.So i have time only in sunday and no doctor is available on sunday i am carrying a laptop bag and having so much pain to carry.Tomorrow i will try to go for consultation in evening hours.Yesterday i had a fever also and i had NICIP PLUS.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: continued physical exertion is harmful Detailed Answer: Hello, Continued physical exertion is going to harm you. It is not going to help you in anyway but only worsen the pain. You must take care of your health first and then work. I would suggest you to take rest now, and restart your work once you are fit. As you know 'health is wealth'. do not make the problem worst for yourself. I do not recommend Nicip Plus as it is banned in India. Brufen MR would be best for you. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor