Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Treatment for meralgia paresthetica in thigh?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5570 Questions
i have meralgia parasthetica in my left thigh.Can you suggest the line of treatment I should follow
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment is outlined below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Meralgia paresthetica occurs due to entrapment of nerve supplying the skin over outer aspect of thigh near the groin. Initial treatment consists of weight loss if you are overweight, and avoiding sitting for long duration. Medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin would help in reducing pain, tingling and burning sensations. Most people improve with this treatment. If you do not, then, surgical options such as decompression or division of nerve can be undertaken. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor