Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Treatment for knee joint pain after previous injury?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I had twisted my knee about 3 months back. The pain eventually subsided but after ai started my long walks again ie: 4 days back, I have started feeling pain in the knee joint again. Its not sever but uncomfortable and I am scared that it will get worse. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscles strain. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do moist heat application to relax the muscles. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. 4. Do quadriceps exercises to strengthen the muscle around. It will decrease the further episode of pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for knee joint pain after previous injury? 21 hours later
Can you suggest a few quadriceps excercises please?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: By simply raising your leg in air Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You can do quadriceps exercise by simply raising your leg in air and hold it for 5 seconds(simply count 1 to 10). Slowly lower your leg down. Relax and repeat 10 more times. Do every day, up to 3 times a day. Hope the information was helpful, if you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query & give your reviews about this service.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor