Treatment for internal fever, headache and loose stool?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: what can we use for XXXXXXX fever and my stool is very loose and I feel drained out I am drinking restore for energy and I have a headache most of the time
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Let me know another symptoms associated with loose stool and fever.
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ vomiting?
What is the duration of your illness? All described symptoms are whether acute or persisting since months.
Headache was present before the onset of loose stool or started after the loose stool.

Fever and loose stool may be due to gastroenteritis and may cause severe dehydration.
You should keep taking potassium XXXXXXX fluids (coconut water, orange juice) & oral rehydration solution (ORS) to maintain hydration.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should get proper check up.
You should also go for relevant blood investigations such as renal function test, complete blood count, serum electrolytes and ultrasound imaging.
You should also take proper doses of antibiotics for better cure of intestinal infection.

Headache appears to be a separate entity and the diagnosis is generally made on the basis of history of patients.
Let me know the other symptoms associated with headache.
Do you have running nose/ tears from eyes during headache?
Do you have any aggravating factor for headache?
What is the type of headache?

Migraine is the most common type of headache and it is pulsatile in nature.
Migraine get aggravated by exposure to light, during menstruation, noise pollution.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
yes i have being vomiting when the fever goes high i have alot of viginal pain during intercause after birth 9 years ago i used to get my period only for 1 to 2 days but in feb this year i have b een bleeding alot for 2 months non stop been to a few gps and found no problem but i still have a problem with pain and fever please advice and the embalance hi doc i forgot to tell u i am on ropex 0.5mg for the last 2years and i lost a son aswell 2 years ago and today the gp gave me amoclan 625mg and stenetil 5mg
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Presence of vomiting, fever and loose stool suggest gastroenteritis.
Amoclan contains amoxycillin and it may also cause diarrhea.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should take complete antibiotic course for speedy recovery.
You should also avoid milk and all milk products such as cheese, yogurt and butter for 5-7 days.
Painful intercourse is labeled as "Dyspareunia" which may be due to medical or psychological causes.
It may be due to lack of lubrication or due to involuntary contraction of women's pelvic floor muscles.
You can take Ropex 0.5 and its use is not correlated with gastroenteritis or painful intercourse.
Put your queries if you have.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
You should consult with gynecologist and should get thorough check up.