Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Treatment for gynecomastia?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15830 Questions
hi doctor i am from india, bangalore 26 yrs male, height 5'11 weight 88KG i have man boobs,
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be gynecomastia and may need surgery, Detailed Answer: Hi. After seeing the attached photo, I am of the opinion that this can be a condition called gynecomastia that is enlargement of the breast. A surgeon can be in a position on clinical examination to tell you whether this is just a collection of fat or a real condition of gynecomastia which needs removal by surgery. You can go for surgery if you feel awkward about it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for gynecomastia? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr., when i was in college, i was very skinny but still had chest fat infact i was underweight. Any other way to cure this other than surgery. if i go for surgery what is the cost, treatment time.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cure only with surgey Detailed Answer: I am so sorry to tell you that there is no other way other than surgery to cure this. We have not seen any results with other treatments people have already tried. The time - this is a day-care surgery. BY evening you can be at home. Costs- You will have to ascertain with Surgeons in Bangalore, as you know in India the cost are varied according to the area and the Surgeons and Hospitals you prefer. I would advise you to see General Surgeons in Bangalore with their own set-ups for reasonable costs. OR a bigger center if you have insurance ( I am afraid if Insurance companies allow for gynecomastia- make it very clear before you take a decision) And as I told, the Surgeon would examine you and confirm the diagnosis and management. Hope this answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor