Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Treatment for growing lump on head after previous injury and nasal discharge?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3613 Questions
I have a a growing lump on my head where I was shot 20 years ago. Also my nose has been dripping a clear, almost watery, substance for the last year. The lump started out as about the size of a BB but it's now the size of a lima bean. I assumed it was just a calcium deposit, but with the constant dripping nose, and some of the stuff I've read, I'm starting to get worried. I don't have health insurance or any money.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries, Simple excision Detailed Answer: Good day Mr XXXX! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your concern for this increasing lump and dripping nose. Mr Thetoro I want you to know that this lump most probably looks like an innocuous one like sebaceous cyst which results from clogged sebaceous glands and that clogging is explained by the connective tissue regeneration with trauma to that place. So all it needs is a general surgeon and a simple excision under local anaesthesia. Now the nasal dripping that clear watery would have been a worrisome issue if it was acute with some recent trauma to head.But dripping for more than a year and trauma 20 years old rule out those odds for it to be some thing worrisome like CSF rhinorrea etc and leaves it with the only probable odds of allergic rhinitis etc. So simple nasal decongestants would help and a consult to an otorhinolaryngologist would sooth the nerves. Rest assured, Examination by an expert eye would confirm the issue and needs a clinical correlation. Hope Mr thetoro you see it in right perspective.Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please Regards Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor