question-icon

Treatment for gastritis

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: Hi - I have been having some stomach diacomfort, which sometimes travels to my back, a fullness feeling. My head hurts and I feel a little sick to my stomach. Lastly i have a bad taste in my mouth. I just took pepcid AC. Could this be gastritis?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Acid peptic disease Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The symptoms you have come with is most likely to be gastritis. Pepcid AC is a good drug for the same but I personally recommend omeprazole for this issue, it should be taken once daily before food for a period of 7 days. If the symptoms continue and does not come down then I recommend that you see a gastro enterologist to rule out gall stone which also has a similar presentation I also suggest 1. To avoid drinking coffee, tea, milk and milk products 2. Avoid spicy food 3. Eat regularly and on time every day 4. Do not skip meal 5. Avoid smoking and alcohol until you are better I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist