Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Treatment for flank pain due to kidney cyst, headache, nausea?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
I have flank pain on both sides. I had an ultrasound showing cyst on kidneys but do not know how large. Ive had a headache and nausea everyday for 6 days.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 12 minutes later
Hi Your pain in the flanks is because of kidney cyst. One has to do every 2-3 month ultrasound to see the progression or regression of you have red color urine? Take care and follow advise of urosurgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for flank pain due to kidney cyst, headache, nausea? 25 minutes later
Thank you. Thay is whay I thought (having follow up ultrasounds to monitor the cyst) though my urologist did not suggest or say that. I do not have red colored urine. However, I need to void every 20-40 minutes and on occassion its really yellow and normally it is not. I do have IC and endometriosis but I currently am not having the normal symptoms of either. Also, I don't know if its related but I keep having red sore patches show up in my mouth. Should i go to hospital tomorrow if headache and nasea persist with back pain?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: I think you are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello Savanahsshire Thanks for writing to HCM It is important to know type and size of renal cyst.Generally large and complex cysts causes symptoms otherwise simple cysts are generally asymptomatic. If possible please upload USG report through attachments of healthcare magic with reference to Dr.Indu XXXXXXX I think probably you are suffering from urinary tract infection(UTI).UTI can cause flank pain,increased frequency etc. You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity.Further investigations can be done if needed. You may need antibiotics if infection is diagnosed. You should drink plenty of water. At present you can take tablet paracetamol for headache and can take tablet domperidone 10 mg for nausea. If symptoms persists you should consult your doctor. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor