Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Treatment for distended gallbladder, chronic liver parenchymal and mild degree of splenomegaly?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
yes sir,
My father in law has been diagnosis with below,
1.Distended Gall bladder having sludge and few small calculi
2. Chronic liver parenchymal disease
3.Mild degree of plenomalogaly
4. CBD is borderline dialeted

What is the treatmen. His age is 72 yrs. Dr has recommended some blood test and further they say on positive result only it can be operated. What to do if negative result...
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

1. Gallbladder with small calculi should be removed by laparoscopy as small stones bring risk of bile ducts obstruction and acute pancreatitis.
2. Chronic liver parenchymal disease most likely means that you have fatty liver. You should avoid alcohol, fatty foods, spicy foods, medicines involving liver to reverse fatty liver process.
3. Mild degree of splenomegaly should be consulted with hematologist as this can be a symptom of many many diseases including leukemia, liver hypertension, infectious diseases.
4. CBD borderline dilated can be caused by sludge or small stones inside. I suggest you to have liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP,AP), lipase, amylase, bilirubin checked.

He should be operated anyways as small stones are more prone to move to bile ducts and cause acute pancreas disease.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor