Treatment for confusion, headache, tiredness, lethargy and chills?
Thanks for posting your concern here.
From the symptoms that you have stated for your son - confusion, headache, tiredness, lethargy and chills, and you have also stated that all blood works have been done and I suppose they were within the normal range. Yes, your concerns are justified and you should get a thyroid test done for your son. Hypothyroidism (Lack of thyroid hormone) can present at an early age, though not very common and will have these symptoms. Even if the thyroid status is normal, you should consider psychological causes for these symptoms unexplained by various tests. And these issues are very common during adolescence especially when there is a rapid change in their bodies, the culture and surroundings.
Adolescent Depression is one entity and can be more surely commented on after a details interview with your son. If this stands out to be true, then your son will benefit with an anti-depressant and cognitive behavioral therapy.
You should also inquire in school about any episodes of bullying or any abuse by a teacher or school staff. Such incidents can also produce these problems.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
I would be happy to help if you need any further clarifications.
Hope your son gets well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nausea vomiting headache tiredness sore throat treatment for symptoms
- Fast hard heartbeat headache tiredness
- Headache tiredness and high temperature
- Headache tiredness pins and needles
- Excessive hunger headaches tiredness
- Burping headaches tiredness and sickness
- Premenstrual headaches tiredness sickness
- Sore throat headache tiredness
- Treatment for confusion headache tiredness lethargy and chills
- Nose bleeds headaches tiredness