Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Treatment for child's blocked nose and snoring?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2105 Questions
Helo doctor, My son is one year and two months old, From last november 2013 onward he is having cold and cough problem,with running nose frequently and when sleeping he is snoring with typical sound like a 60 year old normal condition he is breathing through his mouth,last four months doctors have given allegra, AB phyline syrup, then laveta-m syrup, Asthalin, Asthalin-expectorent .and being told to use nebuliser with a mix of Asthalin plus budecort (0.5) respirator in half of one quantity as an when needed,but after all this his problem are coming and going.At present still he is having the same problem of snoring and blocked nose.please advice.hoping your reply. regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get him examined by an ENT specialist. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should get your son clinically examined and investigated by an ENT specialist. Sometimes due to enlargement of adenoids, recurrent symptoms of blocked nose and nasal infections occur. You can continue with the medicines prescribed by his Paediatrician. Normal saline nasal drops can help you in relieving his symptoms. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor