Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Treatment for child's accidental swallowing of Vicks vapor rub?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
My 2 yo grandson may have swallowed some Vicks vapor rub. We see his finger marks in the rub but don`t know if or how much he may have swallowed. Should we take him to the ER
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that In my opinion you should take him to ER . Because we dont know how much he have swallowed . Although it is very pungent and it is very unlikely that he has swallowed much because of its bad taste but still we should not take a chance . I think they will keep him in observation for some time . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor