Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Treatment for central retinal vein occlusion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1184 Questions
i'm having a crvo for my right eyes.. because of high cholestrol .. the reading of my eyes still 6/9.. so what is the best treatment for this? now taking aspirin and cholestrol since last october 2012.. and last two week start taking acid folic.. already tested for thrombophilia and lupus anticoagulant.. but all are negative
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 46 minutes later
thanks for sending your query to us.
The picture is definetly crvo.This happens when central artery while crossing the vein presses upon it ,because it has become hard,and blocks the blood flowing in.You are lucky to have a good vision.In inetial few hours this block can be opened by going in the vessel and opening it.
What you have to do now is to keep your blood parameters normal.
Lifestyle management like exercises and diet to help controlcholestrol.
Keep things under control as you are a young person.Keep a close watch on your blood chemistry and have regular follow up.
Do get back to me in case of any query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist