Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Treatment for bone cyst involving distal end of radius bone

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Boy broke arm and then diagnosed with major bone cyst. Local doctors recommend emergency surgery in 4 weeks. They will clean the cyst and pack with bone / marrow from germany. Local doctor also said that the cyst has crossed the growth plate, so may permanently deform the child. We would like a 2nd opinion
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Your treating doctor is correct. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have gone through the xray picture attached with the query. Xray shows a bone cyst involving distal end of radius bone. Xray is not so clear to comment whether growth plate is involved or not. Your treating doctor is correct. It requires curettage( cleaning) of cyst and packing with bone graft. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for bone cyst involving distal end of radius bone 19 minutes later
Thank you for your reply, I can get a better photo of the xray so you can check the growth plate.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello, You are most welcome. Send me better x-rays, so that I can help you better. Wishing your son speedy recovery....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor