Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Treatment for bloating, dizziness, shortness of breath, belching, constipation and abdominal pain?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9332 Questions
i have been having bloating, dizziness, shortness of breath, belching, constipation, pain in belly button, and a sloshing sound when i press on the area to the right of my belly button. I had two test for gallbladder, and it has been ruled out.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
And did you rule out your stomach and colon disorders? it cant be evaluated by ultrasound. YOu should do endoscopy or CT scan for it. Especially considering that you had pyloric stenosis.

It sounds more like stomach issue than gallbladder. All this can be caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, belching, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.

Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise to lose weight. You should do gastroscopy to evaluate all this.

Secondly, in younger people the most common colon disorder is IBD. It is usually associated with stress and anxiety. It is treated on the same way as I ve mentioned above but some medicines should be prescribed too, consult your GP about it. Some more serious colon disease such as Crohn and ulcerative colitis can start in your age so if your symptoms persist after dietary changes you should do colonoscopy.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor