Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Treatment for abnormal sugar levels despite taking Galvus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 762 Questions
My wife was XXXXXXX since last year, no sugar was there. no family history. last 05 months deducted sugar 200-398 F-PP Then the other reports 198-375 ,after 25 days 192-348 then taken GALVUS MAT twice in a day after one month result are 218-375 pl advice Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: She has developed T2DM Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi ! your wife has developed t2 diabetes. galvus met alone is not sufficient. start glimeperide 2 mg before breakfast and recheck after a week and let me know. also check her body weight and keep her diet regulated Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Treatment for abnormal sugar levels despite taking Galvus? 11 minutes later
She has taken GALVUS MAT along with AMRIPLUS. Never take sugar products other than tea/coffie, how it has developed? How the diet regulated? Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Auto immune condition plus lifestyle disease Detailed Answer: Dear mr. XXXXXXX Hi! diabetes has polygenic origin. it is autoimmune in a familial setting developing in someone with wrong life style. now if on amaryl plus 2mg twice a day and galvus met twice a day still fasting > 120 mg/ dl and post meal > 200 mg/dl then she has to be on insulin. diet regulation means - no sweet food or drink, no fried food, no white flour no juices. regular exercise. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor