Treated for sinus infection. Taking nexium for acid reflux and have hiatal hernia. Any suggestion?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: I had to take 2 courses of antibiotic treatment for a sinus infection approx. a month ago. my acid reflux is out of control and I don't know what next to do. I am being treated with nexium for this and I have a hiatal hernia. any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 56 minutes later

Apart from nexium that you are taking please do following which should help.

>Take small frequent meals in place of two major one.
>Drink more of liquids, avoid soft drinks, reduce quantity of alcohol if you taking
>Do regular exercise
>Do not lie for at least 2 hours after any major meal
>Avoid fired foods, take more of fruits and salads
>Avoid possible stress which can worsen the condition.
>Avoid taking any analgesic drugs unless advised by doctor.

Keep regular follow up with your physician and continue medication.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh