Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Treated for sarcoidosis and nasel farren gel cancer. Have Peyronie disease. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14833 Questions
I have peyronie,s disease and was wondering if there is a cure.In 2002 I was treated for sarcoidosis,Then 2008 I was treated for nasel farren gel cancer
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Peyronie's disease refers to curvature of the penis that is worse during erections and is associated with an area of scarring in the penile shaft.

The exact cause is unclear but it may be related to previous trauma to the penis, low levels of vitamin E and the use of certain medications (called beta blockers- these are used for hypertension and heart failure).

If the curve is small, there is minimal pain and it does not interfere with sexual function then most persons would recommend watching and waiting.

If it is severe and causing problems with function then the options are medication or surgery.

In terms of medication: there are different options including Vitamin E, a oral medication called cochicine or potassium aminobenzoate ( this is taken for a few months , sometimes it can cause alot of stomach upset), interferon and verapamil.

Vitamin E and cochicine are sometimes taken together. These medications work in some persons and not in others.

Surgery is suggested after at least one year of trying medication with little response or worsening. This procedure is done by a urologist and may produce a good response.

You may want to consider using the oral medications first , if these are not effective, speak to your doctor about the possibility of surgery.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any options
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor